Friday, September 7, 2012


Week 2: GOT ER’ DONE!!!

Can’t believe week 2 is over with! I just loooove 3 day weekends… followed by a 4 day week!

My sweet little Firsties worked very hard this past week… I am so proud of what they were able to accomplish in such a short time!

They took their first “Spelling Test” today…I know, Mrs. Hubble is a meanie!

They did a SUPER DUPER job!

I wanted to share a couple of maps with y’all…My Firsties are ROCKIN’ their Thinking Maps! 

In math I had my bilingual partners create a Multi Flow Map together...Blue is my English kiddo and Red is my Spanish kiddo. That's how I distinguish who did what work on any of their activities. 

The skill we were practicing was adding 1 more...on the back is 1 less. 


In Oral Language Development my pairs created a Double Bubble Map. We worked on finding similarities and differences in our names. 

They LOVED this activity! It was a type of informal assessment to see where my Spanish kiddos were at with identifying letters, if they knew the difference between consonants & vowels and letter formation. 



My last picture is of my PRIZE JARS...I am STOKED about how they turned out! YES, another PINTEREST inspired project! 


I am T-I-R-E-D! I plan to get some much needed rest...next week is all about DRA & TPRI testing! Wish me luck! Have a BLESSED weekend!


2 comments:

Linsay Humphrey said...

Yeah for first grade dual language! I am a first grade DL teacher from Texas and the newest follower of your blog :)

First Grade with a TwiSt

Julie DiBenedetto said...

DRA....Still in the mix of it myself! I love your PRIZE jars! So stinkin cute! Stop by any time for a visit!
Julie

Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe